Flip in Spain 2017. Full Language Immersion Program
Vive en español, vive la cultura andaluza...
- June 25, 2017 - July 3, 2017
- August 27, 2017 – September 4, 2017
Tambor del Llano. Grazalema
Enjoy life in Spanish while visiting Sevilla, Cadiz, Malaga and some of Andalusia’s best natural parks and beaches. Our main base will be Tambor del Llano, an ecotourism lodging in Grazalema, one of Cadiz’s most renowned white towns (pueblos blancos). The Grazalema Natural Park offers a variety of landscapes, from cork-oak forests and blue Spanish fir reserves, to olive and wine groves.
For centuries, our culture and nature have attracted travellers eager to experience the magic of legends about gipsy beauty and bandit’s courage. Hemingway passion for good wine and corridas made him come back to this area again and again. Grazalema inhabitants were the protagonists of a classic work of modern anthropology, Pitt-Rivers’ The People of the Sierra.
Writing about these sierras, poet Garcia Lorca sung, “the horse rider approached, beating the drums of the plains”. El Tambor del Llano (the drum of the plains) is a family-owned accommodation that reunites tradition and modern comfort. At the feet of an imposing mountain and surrounded by an Ancient oak-tree forest, Tambor del Llano is perfect for hosting groups that will enjoy eating breakfast in its terraces, riding its horses, and much more!
...and language fitting
Our program is all about Spanish language and Andalusian culture.
“Living” in Spanish. Any moment is good to listen and practice the tongue of Cervantes: visiting white towns, trekking around the sierra, learning how to cook our traditional dishes, riding our horses, visiting wineries.
Our guides - teachers will show you around in Spanish. All activities will be preceded by language fitting sessions and there will be smaller more individualized working sessions to make sure you can all make the best of our time here!
Day 1 SEVILLA AT A GLANCE
- Meeting in Sevilla (pick up at airport or train station can be arranged)
- Visit to Seville’s Alcazar: Game of Thrones Southern Marble.
- Walk and tapas around Barrio de Santa Cruz.
- Transfer to Tambor del Llano.
- Welcome reception and dinner
Day 2 THE PEOPLE OF THE SIERRA. Nature, history and traditions
- The joy of nature: hoking, horse-riding, cooking
- Visiting a traditional hydraulic mill
- Dinner at Grazalema: the taste of la sierra
Day 3 RONDA, ECHOS FROM ROMANTIC TRAVELERS. The Past and its Legends
- Acinipo; a Roman city!
- Ronda: Andalusian experience and tapas.
- Dinner and chat at Tambor del Llano
Day 4 CADIZ, PUERTO DE INDIAS. Spain and America
- Puerto de Santa Maria: wine cellars.
- Boat ride to Cadiz, the most American city in Europe.
- Discover the city, and enjoy its beaches and traditional taverns!
- Return to sleep to Tambor del Llano
Day 5 THE JOY OF NATURE. Reserve of the Biosfere
- Spanish workshops and tutorials.
- Exploring nature. Riding or hiking.
- Thematic evening and tertulia at the Tambor
Day 6 WALT AND TALK. Before history
- Astonishing views: Ardales Cave & Caminito del Rey.
- Learn to cook real Paella!
Day 7 LOOKING TO AFRICA. Conquista & Reconquista
- The Magic Mountain: Véjer de la Frontera
- Sun, swim and Roman ruins in Bolonia Beach
- Tarifa, windsurfing paradise.
- Overnight at Tarifa or Malaga
Day 8 MÁLAGA. Picasso and much more
- Málaga: old town and Piccasso Museum
- Lunch in Playa del Palo and time to enjoy life!
- Farewell dinner & show
- Overnight in Malaga
Day 9 HASTA LA VISTA
- Shopping, echanging emails, and hope to see you back soon!
Galería de imágenes