Trail Rides and Horse-packing Adventures.
Discover Grazalema National Park from a horseback.Based Riding Holidays. Horse estate at Tambor del Llano Ranch
- Riders of all levels can now discover nature by horse in the heart of Grazalema Natural Park, a Reserve of the Biosphere.
- Tambor del Llano (The drum of the plains) is situated at a crossroads of several paths traversing the Park.
- Our expert guides can help you decide on your riding program
Have you galloped over the marvelous plains of the Sierra de Grazalema?. Do you know why the drums beat? ...
These programs are designed for riders, who want to enjoy days of riding from the same base, and riders to be, who cannot compromise long ridings but want to learn what it is like to fly over a field on a horse’s back. But also for people, who want to accompany their horse loving family members or friends, but would rather take advantage of the numberless hiking paths, the iconic Pueblos blancos (white villages), our peaceful lodge views or take their car on winding roads to explore the National Park and stop at stunning Miradors. Every day you may explore different parts of the breath taking nature provided by our National Park, accompanied by an experienced guide, who knows the area, nature and wildlife. Do not hesitate to find out more about the horse trails or hiking tours offered by Tambor del Llano on our website: www.tambordelllano.es/actividades
5 Andalusian horses enjoy life in Tambor del Llano. We also have two smaller asturcones ideal for children.
Come and find out with us!
The ranch has its whereabouts in the heart of the Grazalema National Park, near to the village of Grazalema and only 20 km from the city of Ronda. It fits itself into a precious and well preserved region; the first of all Andalusian biospheres and with the greatest variety of landscapes, wildlife and flora. The lodge is situated on the grounds of our ranch and is a carefully restored and expanded old farm building, which will offer a wonderful accommodation for riders. Be prepared for wonderful horses, classical dressage, and horse trails to nature. We find ourselves in a very wild environment, with the possibility to observe numerous birds, such as vultures, eagles and a great diversity of songbirds, and game, such as deer, roe deer, Spanish wild goats, wild boars, foxes, and many more. Our horses are well trained and calm and can thankfully live on our property’s pastures alongside their foals. Being of Andalusian or hispano-arabic lineage, makes them a gem of Andalusian breeds, and well adapted to dressage, with agile and far reaching movements.
Grazalema horse-packing adventures
|Equestrian initiation||1 hour||30 €|
|Horse trips||2 hours||50 €|
|Horse trips||3 hours||75 €|
|Horse trips||6 hour||120 €|
- One person consult with the establishment prices and availability
- Special programs for groups, adapted to demand
- Check prices
Time and itineraries to suit
For riders initiated and / or experts. At least two riders.
Optional + 10 € Food.
- Active tourism official record of Andalusia: AT/SE/00082
La Cañada Grande
Route Cañada Grande
Advancing through a small valley peppered with cork oaks, we cross the river Campobuche and continue until the large plain below the Sierra de Los Lajares. We continue through a cork oak forests before descending towards the plain and returning through Cañada Grande (at your preferred speed…).
Food and accommodation
Our wonderful property offers two different options of accommodation, in natural and pure in style, all of them without TV (TV free) but efficient WIFI.
- 1) CONFORT (4): Our confort rooms are situated in our main building as well and offer a modern and pure ambiance. Two of them have an own porch with direct access to nature and allow small pets, and two French balcony on the second floor. All of them provide 2 single beds, which can be united to shape a king sized bed, bathroom, air-condition and WIFI.
- 2) SUPERIOR (4) These modern rooms offer goods views over the valley or the surrounding cork-oak forest. Including a king-size bed, or 2 singles beds, bathroom, French balcony or terrace, air-condition, WIFI. We provide four in our main building.
- 3) SUPERIOR PLUS (2): These modern rooms offer incredible views over the valley or the surrounding cork-oak forest. Including a king-size bed, or 2 singles beds, bathroom, French balcony, air-condition, WIFI. We provide 2 in our main building.
We can put additional beds in the rooms on request.
The property provides sensational hiking paths, with iconic miradores, where you may enjoy the excellent panorama of the Sierras de Libar and Endrinal.
The programs include full board. Dinner consists of three courses (appetizer, main course and dessert) out of typical Andalusian ingredients. One glass of wine is included to the menu as well as coffee or tea. Additional drinks will be added to the bill. Lunch will usually be a rich picnic transported in saddlebags and taken in the wild. In case you do not attend a horse trail and rather want to take the picnic in one of our beautiful hideouts, we will be happy to prepare it for you. Except for large groups, we do not offer lunch or other services out of the kitchen on midday.
- Tambor del Llano is 5 km from Grazalema via the A 372 towards Ronda
- Where the A 372 meets the A 374, you will find the restaurant “Venta Los Alamillos.”
- From the “Los Alamillos” parking ground you will see a smaller road that immediatedly divides into two.
- Take the one on the left and continue for 1,8 km until you hit Campobuche, where the guides and the horses will be waiting!